DatAshur PRO® A FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified Super-Fast, Ultra-Secure USB 3.0 Hardware Encrypted Flash Drive.
A FIPS 140-2 Level 3 ultra-secure flash drive with built-in military grade XTS-AES 256-bit hardware encryption. No other secure flash drive can offer you super-fast USB 3.0 speed, 100% data protection, ease of use whenever, wherever, and on any host/platform like the ultra-secure datAshur Pro can!
- OS and platform independent – compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients and embedded systems
- Works with Smartphones, tablets, Google Chromebooks, thin clients, printers, scanners, CCTV cameras – any device with a USB or USB OTG port
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 - Certified (Cert No 2688)
- NLNCSA Level 2 - Certified
- NATO Restricted Level - Certified
- PIN activated 7-15 digits - Alphanumeric keypad use a memorable number or word for your PIN
- Capacities of 8GB, 16GB, 32GB & 64GB
- Brute Force Hack Defence Mechanism
- Real-time military grade XTS-AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption
- Dust and water resistant durable aluminium housing. Certified to IP57 rating
- Crypto-parameters protected with SHA-256 hashing
- Supports Admin and User independent PINs
- Tamper evident and resistant
- Drive reset deletes data, User/Admin PINs, Encryption Key and recovers use of drive
- Timeout Lock - set to lock after predetermined amount of time
- Super-fast USB 3.0
- No software or drivers required
- Read-Only (Write Protect) & Read/Write mode
- Works with any USB/USB On-The-Go devices
- Read/Write Speeds - 139/43 MBps
- Immune to BadUSB
- Bootable Drive
- Customisation service available
- Guaranteed with 3 year warranty
What is datAshur Pro?
The iStorage datAshur Pro is the world’s most secure, easy to use and affordable USB 3.0 flash drive, employing PIN code access with military grade XTS-AES 256-bit hardware encryption. The datAshur Pro incorporates a rechargeable battery allowing the user to enter a 7-15 digit PIN onto the on-board keypad before connecting the drive to the USB port.
All data transferred to the datAshur Pro is encrypted in real-time with the built in hardware encryption engine and is protected from unauthorised access even if your datAshur Pro is lost or stolen. The datAshur Pro automatically locks when unplugged from the host computer or power to the USB port is turned off and can be set to timeout (lock) after a predetermined amount of time.
The datAshur Pro operates straight out of the box, does not require any software or drivers to be installed and is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients and embedded systems. The datAshur Pro delivers drag and drop encryption, plug and play simplicity and can be used with any software.
The datAshur Pro can be configured with independent User and Admin PINs, making it perfect for corporate and government deployment. If the User forgets their PIN, the drive can be unlocked using the Admin PIN which will then clear the old User PIN and allow the User to set a new PIN. The datAshur Pro also incorporates a drive reset feature which clears both User and Admin PINs, deletes all data, creates a new randomly generated encryption key and allows the drive to be reused. The datAshur Pro is capable of generating an infinite number of randomly generated encryption keys, allowing the user to reset the drive as and when required.
As the iStorage datAshur Pro is unlocked via the on-board keypad and not via a keyboard, it is not vulnerable to software/hardware based key-loggers or brute force attacks. The datAshur Pro protects your data with a “Brute Force Hack Defence Mechanism”. If both Admin and User PINs have been created and a User enters an incorrect User PIN 10 (ten) consecutive times, the datAshur Pro’s brute force mechanism will trigger and the User PIN will be deleted. All data will remain on the datAshur Pro and can only be accessed by the Admin entering the correct Admin PIN. If Admin enters an incorrect Admin PIN 10 (ten) consecutive times, then both the User and Admin PINs, the encryption key and all data will be deleted and lost forever The datAshur Pro will then revert back to factory default settings and will need to be formatted before it can be reused.
The datAshur Pro is an investment that will last for years. Its rugged, extruded aluminium, water proof casing protects the drive against physical damage. The internal drive components are also sealed with a tamper proof coating.
How does datAshur Pro work?
Why choose datAshur Pro?
Did you know that millions of flash drives are lost or stolen every year and this figure is rising. Have you ever considered the impact of losing your non-encrypted USB flash drive? Your data would be at the mercy of anyone who stumbles across it.
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) now has the power to fine businesses and government bodies up to £500,000 for serious breaches of the Data Protection Act. This includes the loss of an unencrypted USB flash drive that contains client data. The ICO has been very clear in advising businesses and government bodies to encrypt all data that workers access, they also recognise that data which is encrypted and lost or stolen is not vulnerable to compromise.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The European Union will soon have the power to fine companies €100 million or 2% of their annual turnover if they are found to be in breach of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The forthcoming legislation compels anyone who holds data on EU Citizens to implement adequate security measures to protect data from loss or theft.
Loss of confidential data can have a devastating effect on both businesses and consumers. It could lead to a hefty fine, the downfall of a business, embarrassment, job losses and adverse media attention. The iStorage datAshur Pro can protect you against all of this.
What is the difference between software and hardware encryption?
- Complex passwords can be cracked easily and quickly with a Brute Force Attack
- Simple password cracking software is readily available on the internet, often free of charge
- Software encryption is vulnerable to key loggers – where every key pressed is logged in either a software or hardware key logger
- Software encryption can be corrupted by viruses
- Software encryption is much slower when compared to hardware encryption
- Software encryption needs to be installed on each computer that the external storage device is used on
- Software encryption shares computers resources to encrypt data with other programs on the computer, making it only as safe as your computer.
- The datAshur Pro cannot be brute force attacked
- The datAshur Pro is not vulnerable to keyloggers as the PIN is entered on the unit rather than the keyboard
- The datAshur Pro does not require any software and can be used on any Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients and Embedded Systems.
- Encryption is performed in real-time thus there is no speed degradation
- No software or drivers are required
|Capacity||4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB & 64GB*|
|Speed||Up to 139 MB per second read. Up to 43MB per second write.|
|Dimensions (drive with sleeve)||80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm|
|Dimensions (drive without sleeve)||78mm x 18mm x 8mm|
|Waterproof||MIL-STD-810F| IP57 Certified|
|Hardware||USB 3.0 high speed - compatible with USB 2 & USB 1|
|Operating System compatibility||Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients & Embedded Systems|
|Hardware Data Encryption||XTS-AES|
|Encryption Keys||256-bit Hardware|
|Ordering Information||iStorage Part Number: IS-FL-DA3-256-xx (xx=drive size in GBs)|
We bly recommend that you carefully read this User Manual, shipped with the device or available for download on our website before contacting us for technical support. There are no 'Back Doors' to our products, we cannot retrieve a forgotten PIN or retrieve any data off the drives unless the PIN is known. Below are answers for the most frequently asked questions:
The datAshur Pro flash drive is pre-programmed with a default PIN which will unlock the device for the first time, allowing the user to create their own unique User and Admin PINs.Please follow this procedure:
- Press KEY Button
- Enter default PIN 11223344
- Press KEY Button again
- A solid GREEN LED light will indicate the device is unlocked
The User PIN (Personal Identification Number) can be changed to almost any number that is desired.
- The New User PIN must be 7 to 15 digits long.
- The New User PIN cannot contain only repetitive numbers (3-3-3-3-3-3-3)
- The New User PIN cannot contain only consecutive numbers (1-2-3-4-5-6-7),(7-6-5-4-3-2-1)
You can create a word, name, phrase or any other alphanumerical PIN combination by simply pressing the key with the corresponding letters on it.Examples of these types of PINs are:
For Password you would press the following keys: 7(pqrs) 2(abc) 7(pqrs) 7(pqrs) 9(wxyz) 6(mno) 7(pqrs) 3(def)
For iStorage you would press: 4(ghi) 7(pqrs) 8(tuv) 6(mno) 7(pqrs) 2(abc) 4(ghi) 3(def)Using this method, long and easy to remember PINs can be created.
Your datAshur Pro has a built-in rechargeable battery.
Even if the battery is fully discharged you can still continue to use the drive by following the instructions below:
- Connect the datAshur Pro to a USB port on any computer
- While connected to the computer, enter the User or Admin PIN to unlock the drive
- While connected to the USB port, the internal battery will automatically charge - this is shown by a flashing BLUE LED.
We recommend you keep the datAshur Pro connected for approximately 1 hour to fully charge the battery.
Unlock the datAshur Pro with the default User PIN (refer to, ‘How to use the datAshur Pro for the first time’) and then whilst the GREEN LED is solid, proceed with the following steps:
- Press KEY button twice (double-click)
- Within 10 seconds begin to enter New User PIN (The PIN must be 7 - 15 digits long)
- Press KEY button twice (double-click)
- Within 10 seconds begin to re-enter New User PIN
- Press KEY button twice (double-click)
If you forget the User and Admin PINs, there is absolutely no way of gaining access to the data stored on the drive, there are no back doors to the drive. You will need to completely reset the datAshur Pro by following the directions in the User Manual. By resetting the drive, all data stored on the datAshur Pro will be deleted. When the datAshur Pro is reset the following occurs:
- Both the User and Admin PINs, and the encryption key are deleted
- All the data on the datAshur Pro is deleted
- A new User/Admin PIN will need to be set
- The datAshur Pro will need to be formatted
The Admin PIN is useful in a corporate environment where an Administrator can provide access to the datAshur Pro if the User PIN is forgotten or unavailable. Please follow this procedure:
- Press the Key Button
- Enter your User PIN (unlock the datAshur in User mode) and press the Key Button
- Press and hold down the number 1 button and press the KEY button twice (double click)
- Within 10 seconds begin to enter your new Admin PIN
- Press KEY button twice (double click)
- Within 10 seconds begin to re-enter your new Admin PIN
- Press KEY button twice (double click)
If both Admin and User PINs have been created and a User enters an incorrect User PIN 10 (ten) consecutive times, the datAshur Pro’s brute force mechanism will trigger and the User PIN will be deleted. All data will remain on the datAshur Pro and can only be accessed by the Admin entering the correct Admin PIN.If Admin enters an incorrect Admin PIN 10 (ten) consecutive times, then both the User and Admin PINs, the encryption key and all data will be deleted and lost forever. The datAshur Pro will then revert back to factory default settings and will need to be formatted before it can be reused.
In the event both the Admin and User PINs have been forgotten, or the user wants to delete all data stored on the datAshur Pro, please follow the instructions below.
The reset process will clear all cryptographic parameters including both User and Admin PINs. This means the datAshur Pro will revert back to the default User PIN set as11223344 - see section 4 on page 6 on how to change the User PIN. Also, since this will force the creation of a new encryption key, the datAshur Pro will have to be reformattedPlease follow this procedure:
Note: After resetting the datAshur the RED LED fades out to complete the reset process.
In the event that Admin wants to delete all data stored on the datAshur Pro, please follow the instructions below. Only Admin settings will remain on the datAshur Pro but all data will be deleted and cannot be retrieved and the datAshur Pro will have to be reformatted
Caution: Entering the Admin PIN to access a locked drive will clear the User PIN. For security reasons, we highly recommend that a new User PIN be created immediately once the drive has been unlocked using the Admin PIN.Please follow this procedure:
- Unlock the datAshur Pro with Admin PIN
- Press the KEY button 3 times (treble-click)
- Within 10 seconds begin to press the number 3 (Def) button followed by the number 2 (Abc) button (32)
- Press KEY button once
- Within 10 seconds begin to enter your Admin PIN again
- Press KEY button once
For an ordinary user we recommend to have just one PIN, whereas in a corporate environment we bly suggest creating an Admin PIN and User PIN.
- Recovering data from a drive and configuring a new User PIN in the event an employee has forgotten their PIN
- Retrieving data from a drive if an employee leaves the company
- Setting policies such as ‘Read-Only’
- The Admin PIN can be used to override all User settings
Please follow this procedure:
- Press and hold down the number 1 button and press the KEY button once
- Within 10 seconds begin to enter your Admin PIN
- Press the KEY button once
BadUSB is a theoretical exploit that was presented by SR Labs at the Black Hat conference in August of 2014. SR Labs demonstrated a vulnerability in one USB device that allowed malicious code to be programmed into the USB controller through a firmware update process. The attack described is very sophisticated and in the case of iStorage products would require advanced knowledge of our USB controller, a leaked version of our firmware, the programming tool to update our controller, the password used for our programming tool, and an in depth understanding of the device's functionality, etc. According to SR Labs, the failsafe method to eliminate this threat is to simply disable the ability to update the controller's firmware. Many of iStorage devices shipping today, including all of our USB 3.0 security products already have the firmware locked which prevents field updates to the USB controller. As a continuous improvement, iStorage is locking down the firmware on all USB controlles used in iStorage devices to safeguard against this vulnerability. We recommend checking our website periodically for notices regarding BadUSB and Security Updates.
The datAshur Pro comes in 4 capacities, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB. While Windows has no problems formatting the 8, 16 & 32GB drives in the FAT32 file format system. The same is not true for drive that go over the 32GB threshold. Windows will only format the datAshur Pro 64GB in the NTFS or exFAT file format systems. In order to use the FAT32 file format you will have to use third party software.